I love experimenting with eggs. I can have eggs everyday. Poached, scrambled, omelette, whatever. Just put it on the table and I’ll be there. Lucky for me and for all egg lovers out there, eggs are high in protein, good fats (hello Omega-3!) and has excellent nutrition value. However, it can be boring. That is why I came up with this recipe. It is easy to make and super yummy.
The best thing is? It’s huge when it’s wrapped up (so your beautiful brain will think you’re eating A LOT) but this beauty contains less than 350 calories. Win!
Try it out and let me know how you go!
[divider type=”thick” spacing=”10″]
Egg white, mushroom and spinach wrap
High protein. High antioxidants. Clean eats.
Serves 1. Prep time 5 mins. Cook time 7 mins.
Ideal for a hearty protein breakfast or light lunch, this wrap is easy to make, low in calories and high in nutritional value. The spinach contains natural antioxidants and the egg whites provides an excellent dose of protein to sustain till the next meal. I like mine as an omelette style wrap, but scrambled eggs are great in this recipe too.
190g liquid egg whites (ALT: 4 egg whites)
3 button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup baby spinach
1 slice light tasty cheese
2 pieces Mountain Bread Rye (ALT: 1 piece of wholemeal wrap)
Ground pepper to taste
1. Beat liquid egg whites for about 30 seconds until light and fluffy. Add in mushrooms and pepper to taste.
2. Heat a wide saucepan with olive oil spray on medium heat. Pour in egg white mixture once it is hot enough. Reduce heat to light-medium.
3. Once bubbles starts to form on the surface of the egg mixture, spread out the baby spinach. Let it cook for 1.5 to 2 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare mountain bread or wrap on a plate and place tasty cheese on top of the bread.
5. Carefully flip the egg into half, creating an omelette.
6. Transfer the egg to the wrap and carefully wrap it up. Serve as is, or toasted!
Values may change slightly if you use different brands of products.
If you’re wondering what liquid egg whites I use, this is it – Naturegg 100% Liquid Egg Whites. The ingredient is just that – liquid egg whites. Super convenient and really, saves mum from nagging every time I chuck the yolk away.
Love it? Hate it? Tried it? Let me know how you go by putting in a comment below!