Amidst all the hecticness of work, working out, night classes and personal training, I barely have the time to get into the kitchen and whip up something decent. Most days I normally just toss up the salad, some mushrooms, and grilled chicken. Boring, I know.
But there are days like today, especially on a Sunday where I have that little bit of time to hit up the pan and cook something pretty awesome. This week’s Sunday Cook-off features three of my favourite food items – mushroom, cheese and eggs and no surprises, it is incredibly cheesytastic. Best thing about it is? It has loads of protein in it. I even included a little calorie count at the bottom for those who wants to know more than just the eggs.
Enjoy and tell me how you go!
[divider type=”thick” spacing=”10″]
Hi-Protein Brekky Omelette
Grain free. High protein. Clean eats.
Serves 1. Prep time 5 mins. Cook time 5 mins.
It’s like folded pizza only clean, healthy and seriously high in protein. You can’t go wrong with eggs, with it’s high antioxidants and Omega-3 fats. I like mine free-range, God-bless those chickens but any kind of eggs are fine. Get crackin’!
What you need…
2 large eggs
2 egg whites
1 cup baby spinach
1 button mushrooms, sliced
30g mozzarella cheese
2 slices turkey ham
Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s get cookin’!
1. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk it well.
2. Heat a small non-stick pan coated with a thin layer of olive oil spray. Add spinach, mushrooms, ham, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Once the pan is hot enough, pour in the egg mixture and let it cook for 1 min.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all around the egg and wrap egg up into half.
5. Let egg cook for a further 1.5 mins on each side and serve on a plate.
And here’s the deets from MyFitnessPal.com…
36 grams of protein in a meal? Seriously get in the kitchen and try this out. It fills you up, it’s nutritious and definitely something worth clean eating for.
Tried it? Love it or hate it? Let me know your thoughts by writing in the comment below!