I know, all other blogs are doing some sort of reflection thing but I believe it is a mandatory step forward to a successful year so let’s do it!
PrettyAwesomeFitness.com is young. So young I can count how old we are (months, I mean) with just one hand. But that doesn’t mean it’s not capable of making a change. That doesn’t meant it’s incapacitated compared to other big blogs. And that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have the potential to grow. It will, and I will, with all hopes, passion and courage, grow it to unprecedented lengths.
Here’s a look back to the short 4 months in Pretty Awesome Fitness and a look ahead on the year to come…
“Although I’m only fourteen, I know quite well what I want, I know who is right and who is wrong. I have my opinions, my own ideas and principles, and although it may sound pretty mad from an adolescent, I feel more of a person than a child, I feel quite independent of anyone.” – Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank
I launched PAF.com in August. Back then I had a million and one hopes to growing it, to spreading my knowledge as a trainer and to help your average person live a pretty awesome life through health, fitness, nutrition and self-improvement. But life came in the way, forcing me to let go of my blog for a while and pursue what was going on then.
If you’ve read one of my previous post you’ve probably noticed that I took on a job in a travel company, absolutely went berserk by the fact that I don’t come home feeling satisfied and I left the job after 2 and a half months. I decided in November to focus on this site full-time. And to focus on pursuing my passion as how I discovered it in August.
Sitting here on the 30th of December writing this makes me feel overwhelmed with happiness and absolutely thankful that I actually did take that brave step to quit. Because there is nothing else in this world I would rather do than to talk, educate and help people with fitness and nutrition. I love it and I will never let that go at all costs.
Having said that, here’s a little look at the past 2 months in writing.
PrettyAwesomeFitness.com was launched on the 31st of August with 33 subscribers. My hope back then was to write. As much as possible. Didn’t have any direction to where I was heading.
Now because I didn’t know where I was going, my posts was all over the place. I just wrote based on what I felt was good. I didn’t take into any consideration that I’m not writing for myself. I’m writing for my audience, albeit a little. If you did take a look at my posts in September and October, you would know what I mean. It wasn’t until I left my previous job did I realise I need to have some sort of consistency with my postings.
It wasn’t until my third guest post on Dumb Little Man did I actually get a lot of exposure. With that one post, I got 75 new subscribers and the last I checked, my post had over 400 Facebook shares. Now as a newbie in this blogging world, that is AMAZING.
The best thing is? I received lots of emails from people all around the world who introduced themselves to me and telling me about them. That is insane. But I am so so so thankful. I will be replying to all of them personally so if you’re still waiting, just hang in there and I will come around.
It was at that moment after the guest posting at Dumb Little Man did I realise that yes, this is it. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life. And that is epic.
– Grow my subscribers count to 10,000. Thats about 1000 times more than what I have now and I’m sure I can reach it if I keep writing inspirational and educational content worth reading. I just need to find a way to get there and that is why I plan to…
– Reach out to other bloggers with a million followers or so. Like I said, 75% of my subscribers right now came from my guest post on Dumb Little Man and I cannot be thankful enough. I never knew how awesome it felt to help other people no matter how small it is. I’m going to focus more on blogs which has nothing to do with fitness because I’m sure there are people out there who never in a million years want to visit a normal fitness full of crap website but yet still want to get in shape.
– Create a Pretty Awesome Message Board/Forum/Circle! What do you guys think? I would love to have all of us in an active message board and we can come up with some sort of a pretty awesome clan name. This is still in my thought process but if you guys have suggestions, I would love to hear them!
– Earn at least one more fitness certification/training. I just completed my Nutrition for Sports and Exercise Science through Precision Nutrition in Toronto and would love to do one or two more fitness certificates. I am not an expert and I will only do a course if I feel that it can bring me an advantage. I am thinking along the lines of Strength and Conditioning and Pre and Post Natal. Knowledge is power and what better way to power up my skills so I can bring in more good stuffs to all of you.
– Keep writing quality, well-researched posts with actionable steps every time, twice a week. You know what is NOT Pretty Awesome Fitness? The crap things you read all over the Internet. It’s just really sad how the fitness industry is full of things like that and I strive to be different. I don’t want to be the girl who tells you what to do. I don’t judge, and nor do I devalue anyone from where they come from and where their fitness background is. I just want to help you live a pretty awesome life around fitness and nutrition.
– And finally. I want to keep reaching out to you and helping you the best that I can. I would love to personally email all of you and say hi so I’ll start by replying to those of you who has replied to my Pretty Awesome tasks you got when you sign up for my email newsletter. This is not just another girl with a blog. I want to do it right and help you turn your life around. Just like I did.
Alright! That sounds like a lot to accomplish in twelve months but I’m sure it can be done. If you guys have any questions on where this site is heading, comments or you want to say hi and know me as a person, feel free to email me at email@example.com. I would love to hear from you.
Here’s to you…
I want you to help me out here. Tell me, in the comments section, how was your 2013? Did it go as planned? What can you do in 2014 that is different? It does not have to be fitness related, anything really. You can even tell me that you’re getting married or something and I will share all the joy that I have with you.
Most importantly, tell me, what would you like to see more on Pretty Awesome Fitness? It could be as simple as ‘nutrition’ or as specific as ‘setting realistic goals that is achievable’. I won’t judge, I promise. All I want is to hear from you because this site is not just about me. It’s about us so let’s make it that way.
Last but not least, thank you. Thank you to all one hundred of you for reading, for giving me hope and for supporting me. 100 may seem really small but this 100 is the start of my life. I’ll make you proud.
Have an excellent New Year. Eat, drink and be merry. Tomorrow is a brand new day. Leave your past behind and start looking forward.
Go on, write in the comments below. I hope to hear from all of you soon. :)