I asked some of my favourite fitness bloggers and personality for the most important and different weight loss tips. I got some really valuable and priceless answers, including my favourites by Mark Sisson, the girls at Fit Bottomed Girls and Olympic Gold Medallist Stephanie Rice.
When you’re done reading this post, let me know what is your most important weight loss tip by leaving a comment below.
Robb Wolf, robbwolf.com
2. “Find activities that you have a passion for. You’re much more likely to stock to a workout plan if you truly enjoy it!”
Erin Weiss, Live Life Active
3. “EAT! I know that it seemingly opposes the notion of losing weight. However, by eating ‘real food’ every 3-4 hours, you stay well fuelled, have energy to exercise with intensity, and make better food choices because you aren’t starving. A very restrictive diet may lead to quick results, but this weight loss method is almost always unsustainable. Long term weight loss takes time, commitment, patience, and learning to enjoy unprocessed, whole, natural foods.”
Kelly, Femme Fitale
4. “Love the life you’re living! Don’t wait until you lose weight to do or try the things you love or enjoy. Putting your life on hold can mean you become overly absorbed with your weight, your body, dieting and exercise. If you’re anything like me, this means extra pressure and an ‘all-or-nothing’ mentality. My ‘diets’ have been interspersed with binges and I’ve often ended up in a worse place (physically and mentally). Whatever you do has to be sustainable. There is no ‘before’ and ‘after’. There is no finish line.”
Deborah Cook, Diet Schmiet
5. “Listen to your hunger and body — always. Before eating anything, check in with yourself. How are you feeling? Are you truly hungry? How will this food make you feel? Is it nourishing you and your body and your goals? What are you REALLY hungry for? The answer — from needing a break to fresh veggies to, yes, sometimes a piece of chocolate — may surprise you.”
Jennipher Walters, Fit Bottomed Girls
6. “Sustain a moderate caloric deficit in order to lose weight, and only eat the foods you personally enjoy (as opposed to foods that fit the rules of a fad diet).”
Alan Aragon, AlanAragon.com
7. “Make changes you can keep long-term. For example, don’t swear off dessert from your life if you love it and know you’ll miss it. Of course, if you want to lose weight, you need to enjoy all foods in moderation, so figure out how to eat a small portion or “health-ify” your favorite treats, so you can include them in your everyday healthy living.”
Tina Haupert, Carrots N Cake
8. “The best way to lose weight is with a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet, bar none. Don’t worry about portion control, regimented meals, fanatical exercise or even family genetic predisposition. Calorie restriction leads inexorably to long-term failure. Bottom line: It’s all about insulin to enjoy lifelong weight control.”
Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple
9. “Eat clean healthy foods. Eat foods that are as natural as possible, like fresh fruits and veggies, fish, nuts. Food is 90% of weight loss. But I always recommend an hour of exercise 5 times a week.”
Stephanie Rice, Olympic Gold Medallist, StephanieRice.com.au
10. “Move towards not dieting and intuitive eating where you listen to your own internal body cues rather than eating when it is time or eating based on labelling foods as ‘good’ and ‘bad’.”
Jan, Sprouts n Squats
What’s your tip for losing weight and getting fit? Please share in the comments!